Saturday, August 14, 2010

Unlocking your Huawei E220 modem

Have you ever subscribed to Celcom broadband before? Did they provide you with a Huawei E220 HSDPA USB Modem? Have you ever wanted to switch subscriber but don't want to waste your money in buying a new modem because you thought that you could simply use the available Huawei E220 modem?



I have. But as I suspected before, I couldn't simply the modem that Celcom gave to me.

Consequently as a result, I've been using my Nokia N97 as a modem for the past couple of months. Yes, such a waste of device to be using the cell phone just for the sake of turning it into a modem. Hence I've search far and wide to find the answer in unlocking the Huawei E220.
It was a trial and error process until I’ve found a link from one of the forums I Googled (If there is such a term). So let us cut to the chase and go straight to telling you how to do it. It’s pretty simple but I think I just got lucky. Try it at your own risk.

1st Step:
Go to http://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads/Huawei/Huawei_E220
2nd Step:
Click the Download : E220_Dashboard_WIN_HOSTB107D05SP00C03 link and download .zip file.
3rd Step:
Make sure your modem in connected and run unzip the file downloaded before running it.
4th Step:
Just follow the procedures and you are done.


That’s it, pretty simple isn’t it? Now you can use your Huawei E220 with any Internet Service Provider without any worries. But as I said, I think I just got lucky, just by upgrading Internal ZeroCD Dashboard was enough to “unlock” the modem.
If you dared to try, it’s at your own risk and I won’t be held responsible if anything happens to your modem.
Just my 20cents.

2 comments:

  1. It's very really amazing information.
    But Before read that post.I unlocked my Dongle with a help of
    Mobile-Unlocker.com for use my own sim card.

    ReplyDelete