Sunday, October 31, 2010

Internship

Hello again. It's my 3rd week here. So far life's okay. Internship is also okay. Nothing to shout about. Tasks were given to me from day 1 but up till now, still no progress. How sad is that? Haha

The director of the company requested for me to design a program that enables the sales team to make a proposal or a write up for their customers, by clicking the requirements that their customers asked for. Basically, he wants an automatic proposal/write up generator to make life easier for the sales team.

I know it seems to be fairly simple. But that's really a challenge for me since i'm not as gifted in programming like most of my friends in campus. (If only I was Mark Zuckernberg back then would be cool LOL) Plus I've been out of the game for so long that I forgot most of the things I learn in class. I didn't know where to start, I could only imagine how it would work in the end product. So there I was, stuck for the most part of my first 3 weeks interning for the company. To make it worse, I didn't have anyone to turn to.

The company that I'm interning for is actually an engineering company. Their product caters a niche area in the energy sector. Hence, most if not all of the staffs there have an engineering background. But none of them know a lot more about computers than I do. Even my supervisor there can't help me if I'm having trouble in completing the task. So yes, it's a torture, there's no help around, the only help I can get is from the internet. But google can only do that much.

I didn't whine, I just kept my head down, and searched for answers in the world wide web. I think I've explored the internet in the past couple of weeks more than I did the last 12months. So far, to no avail. But the good thing is, I'm under no pressure at all from the boss. He's quite a laid back fella. He just hopes that I can complete it by the end of this year so that the company can use the solution at the start of next year.

So that's basically it, my first 3 weeks interning for the company. I just hope I can find the solution soon as possible. Tomorrow would be the start of November, so December is coming by fast. I don't want to burden myself thinking about the workload during that time. It's holiday season! Hahahaha

Till next time. Chow.
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld
Powered by Gee! from StarHub

6 comments:

  1. Bro, you could always email Mr. Dzul bijaksana or Abi. You could also drop Fadhli a line. Btw, can you use your gmail at work or are you stuck with your company mail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha ye la dah tanya dah orang2 bijaksana.. taknak la kacau dorang selalu kan.. i'm using my gmail.. what's up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is true... Which means.. kena try buat sendiri la.. welocome to the working world. Just checking. Just in case I need to send you mails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont worry about gettin help from anyone.. just google.. most reliable, relevant and complete source. haha.. then everything should be fine & smooth..

    ReplyDelete
  5. zaem da indi skg (ala2 yuna..slow2 leh dpt juara lagu).. cmtu gak la zaem..gudluck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, i always google hafiz for help :D hahaha

    ReplyDelete