Saturday, March 14, 2009

Educational and Career Goals

I'm majoring in Bachelor of Computer Science under the Kulliyyah of Information and Communication Technology of IIUM.

I think this is the right field for me since I have always been interested in technology and there is no better place than IIUM to obtain my degree. The international environment here makes me love this place more. But no matter how much I love studying here, I can’t run from the fact that there will always be incompetent lecturers working in any educational institution. It’s not that they don’t master their subject well; most of them just don’t know how to project their thoughts or ideas so that the students will be able to fully understand their teachings. There may be other obstacle that I have faced as a student here but this is one of the things that I just have to contend with, at least until the university decides to improve their teaching staff.

Leadership has constantly been my key strength when faced by a problem. Taking control of things during duress never really is the problem. Only when it comes to scheduling that I may face a bit of a headache. But I’m still working on it now so I can improve myself as a person.
Most of my achievements didn’t come from Computer Science but rather from the co-curriculum activities that I’ve been participated since I’ve joined IIUM, more precisely in sports.
I hope to see myself as a successful person in any field of Information Technology. It doesn’t matter whether it’s in the Security, Networking, Programming, Artificial Intelligence or any related IT fields. I just want to succeed so in later years, i can look back without regrets. I want to obtain my degree first then continue to masters before going into the industry. That way, I will have enough knowledge and be more confident in stepping into the “real world”. I know it is unorthodox to pursue my masters before getting any experience in the industry, but in my opinion, this is the way to go as i go by the principle of "learning before leaping".

No comments:

Post a Comment