Saturday, March 14, 2009

Reflections on IT Project Management class

What do you like best about the course?

I like it in the sense that the course teaches me how to handle a project if I was to be given one. It can be a helpful guideline for me in the future. I learned a lot from this course and the fact that it made us do many presentations add more fun into the course. These presentations had help me with my communication skills and also developed my self confidence. To add to the list of what I like best about this course is that this course has been a two-way learning from the start. The lecturer allows me and the rest of the students to express our views and she will accept it during teachings.

What do you dislike most about the course?

What I dislike about this course is that contrary during lectures, the examination or tests have been strictly according to the book. We can’t express our own ideas even if it’s actually usable or rational.
We can’t even use our own words to explain things when needed and that is very frustrating for me because I’ve never been the sort of student who memorizes word for word from the book. When I understand things, I like to interpret it with my own words because it shows that I do understand things rather than just memorize it.

What are your proposed suggestions to improve the course delivery and content?

In my opinion, more discussions are likely the best way to improve the course delivery and content. Also maybe we can add practical assignments so that students can really feel what it is like to be in a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment